Last update: 25 March 2020
At berlin consulting technology BV, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our website (the “Solutions”). We respect your privacy and pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We’re not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
In this policy, which applies when you visit our Site, you’ll find lots of detailed information about:
- how we use your data;
- what data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
So grab a coffee, pull up a chair and read on.
The use of the products, services and website (the “Solutions”) we offer may result in the processing of Personal Data and/or Other Information. The term “personal data” under data protection law refers to all information relating to a specific or identifiable person. An IP address can also be considered personal data. An IP address is assigned to each device connected to the internet by the internet service provider, so that it can send and receive data. When you use the website, we collect data that you provide yourself. In addition, when you use the website, we automatically collect certain information about your use of it.
We process personal data in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations of the GDPR, the DPA (Data Protection Act) and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations). We will only process data where we are legally permitted to do so. When you use this website, we will process personal data only with your consent, for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, for compliance with a legal obligation or if the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data.
The Solutions are only available to individuals who are 13 years or older. The Solutions are not directed to children younger than 13 years old, and our Solutions do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than 13 years old.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following Personal Data:
- The Personal Information that you provide
- The Other Information that you provide, or that is automatically generated by your visit.
We collect the following Other Information:
- Browser and device information.
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
- Information about how you interact with and use the Solutions.
- Other aggregated information.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you voluntarily:
- Contact us via email
- Use our instabot
- Complete our contact form
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We may also receive data indirectly from the following sources:
- Visitor tracking
- From your browser or device: Most browsers send standard information when you use the Internet. This information includes your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- That you volunteer: You may volunteer demographic information, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user.
- Through activity reports: Information about how you interact with the Solutions is collected in your visits, and is used to determine usage levels, diagnose server problems, and operate and maintain the Solutions.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate information collected from the Solutions. Aggregated information will not include information that personally identifies you or any other user of the Solutions.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so we can:
- Provide the services that you request when you use the Solutions
- Send you updates and messages that you request.
- Send you administrative information, including information regarding the Solutions, and/or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, research, product development and enhancement, and product and service improvement.
- As we believe appropriate (a) to comply with applicable law and legal process, (b) to enforce our terms and conditions, (c) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates, (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or that of our affiliates, you or others, or (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (these goals, collectively, the “Compliance Purposes”).
How do we store your data?
Unless otherwise stated in the following sections, we will store the data only as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of processing or to fulfil our contractual or statutory obligations.
Transmission of data
Unless otherwise stated in the following sections, data will be processed on the servers of technical service providers commissioned by us for this purpose. These service providers will only process the data after having received express instructions and they are contractually obliged to guarantee adequate technical and organisational measures for data protection.
Insofar as we refer to integrated services of other providers in this Privacy Notice, it can be assumed that personal data will be transmitted to the specified headquarters of these providers. These providers may be based in a so-called third country outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Further information can be found in the sections describing each service.
About data security
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How we recruit
How we communicate
How you communicate
Our website contains a contact form with which you can send us messages. The transfer of your data is encrypted. All data fields marked as mandatory are required for processing your request. If they are not provided, your request cannot be carried out. The provision of any additional data is voluntary. Alternatively, you can also send us a message to the contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we eat: Cookies
How we track you
We use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour on our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyse traffic, re-market our services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and generally improve our website experience. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website.
For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Facebook “Visitor Action Pixels”
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or, if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”)) on our website.
This allows user behaviour to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
As the person concerned, you are entitled to exercise your rights against us. In particular, you have the following rights:
- The right to access: in accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information as to whether or not, and to what extent, we process personal data about you.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to have us correct your data in accordance with Article 16 GDPR.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to have us delete your personal data in accordance with Article 17 GDPR.
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted in accordance with Article 18 GDPR.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions in accordance with Article 19 GDPR.
- The right of data portability: you have the right, in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise one of these rights, please contact us by email: email@example.com.
How to contact us
Name: Laura Mela
Address: Koninklijkelaan 32, 2600 Antwerp, Belgium
Phone: +32 495 23 72 61